The Admin Tool is a free web-based interface for viewing and editing your institutional ScienceDirect and/or Scopus account settings. It’s easy to use and will help you manage your accounts quickly and efficiently, giving your more control over everyday tasks and functionality.
Admin tool allows you to create and manage user IDs; giving you control over individual user settings and enabling remote access.
A) To search for a specific user, and view or modify their profile:
- Login to your Admin Tool account: https://admintool.elsevier.com
- Go to ‘Search, View, and Modify user profiles’ under ‘Manage User IDs’
- Enter the user’s first and last name
- Click on ‘Search’
- A window with the user’s details will appear. Here you can make any necessary changes, such as assigning the user a password.
B) To specify details for a new user go to ‘Create User Profile’ and enter the required information.
C) To grant individual users, or a group of users, remote access from outside of your account IP range:
- Go to ‘Create/Manage Remote Access Registration IDs’
- Click on ‘create new registration IDs’
- Select the applicable group
- Enter the user’s e-mail address (or paste in an e-mail list for a group of users)
- Select any restriction dates if applicable within the ‘User’s Product Access Dates’ box
- Click on ‘Submit’
- Each user will receive an email with their registration ID, prompting them to register their ID in ScienceDirect and/or Scopus
In addition to managing the general account settings, you can also control and adjust settings specific to ScienceDirect and/or Scopus. To learn more about the ScienceDirect tab, watch the ‘Managing SciVerse ScienceDirect’ tutorial. And, to learn more about the Scopus tab, watch the ‘Managing SciVerse Scopus’ tutorial.
In order to gain access to the Admin Tool contact the e-Helpdesk closest to you (see below). They will help create your account or direct you to your institution’s administrator if an account already exists.Asia and the Pacific: firstname.lastname@example.org Europe, Middle East, or Africa: email@example.com Japan: firstname.lastname@example.org North or Central America: email@example.com South America: firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Career Researchers
Guides and Recommended Reading